What We Do
DestiCorp UK Ltd provides advisory, speaking, analytical, research and educational services to local and international clients who wish to make sense of their changing world and chart a safe course through the turbulent shoals of change.
We look at the longer-term (five years +) and the bigger picture. We’re strategic, not tactical.
Desticorp focuses on the deeper change forces that are transforming every aspect of society and business and, our passion is helping clients understand and deal with the impacts of their interconnections.
DestiCorp's owner and CEO, Anna Pollock, is a well-respected strategist, visionary, acclaimed public speaker and change agent who has served the international travel and tourism community since the early 1970s. Anna sees her roles as devil’s advocate, visioneer, sometimes seer, scout, “idea midwife,” coach and guide. She has earned a positive reputation for her ability to apply fresh insights to familiar challenges; to communicate complex, interwoven issues clearly and with relevance; and to inspire audiences and clients to innovative action.
We live at a time when the winds of “creative destruction” are gale force and individual crises merge into systemic failure. In this context, three broad topics shape and inform DestiCorp’s work:
- The tectonic shift from command-and-control to peer-to-peer forms of production, consumption and collaboration which are changing how goods and services are created, valued and exchanged; the way counties are governed; and enterprises organized.
- The collision course between the pace of population growth, human evolution and economic expansion with the adaptive capacity of the biosphere. This will require that future economic growth be decoupled from waste production, carbon emissions and resource exhaustion.
- The need to respond to changes in customer values, expectations, and aspirations.
In this context of deep and radical change, DestiCorp focuses on the following questions:
- What's really going on in your organization and the ecosystem in which it operates?
- What are you trying to achieve as an enterprise?
- Are you aware of the change drivers that could propel you towards your goal or blow you off course?
- Are you in synch with the times?
- What are your customer's trying to achieve and how well are you supporting you customers in achieving their goals?
- Do you know how to unleash the creative potential within your organisation?
- Given your mission and purpose, what adaptive responses should be considered if the organization wishes to thrive over the next decade?
DestiCorp personnel are not operational specialists but diagnoticians, who:
- Help client's see the "big picture" and understand its relevance
- Translate complex topics and integrate diverse perspectives into a narrative that makes sense and inspires people engaged in an enterprise at all levels; and
- Tease out and prioritize those actions that would best create the conditions for innovation and adaptation.
Our Values and Biases
No consultant approaches an assignment without an internal set of values and biases. We think it's important that you know ours. Do you know yours?